[This position has been filled is no more open]
The EPFL Data Science Lab (dlab) is looking for a Master’s student for a paid research position involving the analysis and modeling of large-scale transaction log data collected via CAMIPRO cards.
We are looking for candidates with experience in areas such as data mining, applied machine learning, and visualization. Strong data munging, data analysis, and coding skills are required.
The intern will work in the Data Science Lab (dlab) with Prof. Robert West. If successful, the project will result in a publication on which the candidate will be a co-author.
The position is open immediately. The project will start in the second week of April.
The salary is CHF 24 per hour, and the successful candidate should spend 15 hours per week on the project. An extension to more than 15 hours per week is possible if the candidate has a very light course load.
- We are only looking for highly self-motivated students with a desire to actively participate in cutting-edge research
- Experience with coding in Python
- Knowledge in applied data analysis (including SQL) and machine learning, etc., demonstrated for instance through strong performance in classes or through projects in this area
- Experience in visualizing large amounts of data
- Proficiency in French (required to handle the data, which is in French)
For any questions please contact
- Prof. Robert West (email@example.com)
- Dr. Kiran Garimella (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please do not forget to include CV as well as transcripts!